Effective Tips for Cleaning Commercial Vinyl Floors
Commercial floors need to be very durable due to the large amounts of foot traffic they experience every day. Keeping the floors clean might prove to be quite a challenge. In this article, we will look at how to Clean VCT Floors, how to clean vinyl floors, and the best way to get the most out of your commercial flooring.
Commercial flooring is tested daily, so maintenance is the key to a longer-lasting floor. The floor should be cleaned daily, and heavy furniture and equipment must be moved at least once a month to ensure that the floor doesn’t become discolored or dented.
A floor maintenance plan should be developed as soon as the floor has been installed.
What is Commercial Vinyl Tile Flooring?
Commercial vinyl tile flooring is a durable flooring product that is constructed from a combination of natural and synthetic polymer materials. It can be found in most commercial buildings, hospitals, schools, and hotel lobbies.
The main difference between commercial tile flooring and residential flooring is the density of the flooring. Commercial flooring requires much harder materials, while residential flooring gives a more cozy feel.
Material Needed to clean Commercial Vinyl Tile Flooring
To get started you will need the correct materials. Assemble the following:
- A broom
- Microfiber mop
- Soft microfiber towel
- Wax floor polish
- Tile cleaner
- Apple cider vinegar
- Baking soda
Commercial Vinyl Tile Floor Cleaning Process
The aim is to obtain sparkling clean floors, but without damaging the floor in the process. Follow this step-by-step guide, for commercial floors so clean, you can eat off them.
- Wipe up any visible spills as soon as they occur. The floor should be mopped daily using plain water.
- Vacuum and then dry mop the floor to remove surface dirt, loose debris, dust, and hair.
- Clean the floor using a wet mop. Ensure that you pay special attention to the corners, baseboards, and under the furniture.
- Apple cider vinegar is your best friend when it comes to cleaning commercial vinyl floors. This product can be found in most stores and is the perfect strong cleaning solution that won’t damage the floor. It helps remove dirt and grime without leaving a buildup of soap or wax. Mix one cup of cider vinegar with a gallon of hot water. If you want to disinfect as you clean, substitute the cider vinegar with white vinegar.
- If the floor is exceptionally dirty, add a few drops of detergent. Mop the floor with this soap mixture.
- Mop the floor again adding vinegar to the water.
- Stubborn stains can be removed using WD-40 or jojoba oil.
- Ensure that the floor is dry before you open the area again. You can speed up this process by using fans.
- Seal the floor using a wax floor polish.
Tips for Cleaning Commercial Vinyl Tile Flooring
How To Make Vinyl Flooring Shine
Adding a few drops of baby oil to a vinegar and water solution will have your floors shining like the sun. Baby oil won’t cause any damage to the floor as it’s gentle and non-abrasive.
How To Clean Vinyl Floors With Ground-In Dirt
Sprinkle baking soda over the floor. Add a few drops of dish soap to a vinegar and water solution. Mop the floor using this mixture. Use a microfiber mop. The baking soda will work as a gentle souring agent. Once you have finished mopping, rinse the floor using clean water until there are no more traces of baking soda or soap build-up.
Best Way To Clean Vinyl Floors
Always use a damp mop to apply to the floor and ensure that you rinse the mop frequently using clean water. Mop the floor using a soap mixture, then a second time using the water and vinegar mixture.
What Is The Best Cleaner For Vinyl Floors?
You don’t need expensive cleaning products and complicated mixtures for everyday cleaning. A simple solution of hot soapy water, with apple cider vinegar, is all it takes to have your floors looking brand new. The vinegar’s acidity removes dirt and grim without leaving a soapy film.
- Always sweep the floor before mopping.
- Use plain warm water if your floor is free of stains.
- To remove stubborn grease use a few drops of dishwashing soap to cut through the oil.
- Don’t use any products that contain ammonia. Instead, use a gentle soap solution.
- Apple cider vinegar is ideal for removing grime and won’t damage your floor.
- Stubborn stains and ground-in dirt can be removed using baking powder.
- Ink can be removed using an alcohol solution. The alcohol solvent will lift out the stain. Use a soft-bristled brush so you don’t damage the floor.
- Scratch marks from heavy furniture and high traffic can be removed using WD-40. This will restore the sheen.
- Don’t use too much water. The floor should be damp, not wet. Although vinyl is waterproof, water can seep between the joints of the planks and cause irreversible damage.
- Clean the outer edges of the stain first, then work toward the center.
- Always rinse the floor after cleaning and then let them air dry.
- If the floor is labeled as a no-wax, adhere to the instructions.
Cleaning commercial tile flooring can be challenging but with the correct products and the right techniques, you can get the job done quickly and effectively. Always ensure that you use the correct cleaning products and materials. Clean your floors from left to right for the ideal result.
Regular maintenance is the solution to prevent dirt and grime build-up. You should call in a professional cleaning crew at least once every three months to ensure that your flooring remains in tip-top condition.
Call us today for a free quote or complete our convenient online form. One of our experts will get back to you.